Connect With Us  Ruese Insurance Group on Facebook  Ruese Insurance Group Ohio Linkedin  Ruese Insurance Group Ohio Google Plus

Ohio Condo Insurance


Ruese Insurance Group Condo InsuranceWhy Do I Need Condo Insurance?
You own a condo and the association has insurance. So what’s the big deal? Well, your condominium association insurance covers the condominium building, commonly owned property, and liability insurance for the association.

Unfortunately there are many cases where that insurance policy won’t cover you or your things — like a break in, water damage to your living room walls, or someone injuring themselves slipping on your wet kitchen floor. That's why you need condominium insurance designed specifically for condo or co-op owners.

Condominium policies protect your personal property and the interior of your unit. You will also have liability protection for bodily injury or property damage to others.

What Does A Condo Insurance Policy Cover?
The articles of the condominium association and state law determine exactly what’s covered under the association's master insurance policy.

In most cases the association's coverage stops after the exterior walls meaning that you are responsible for the interior walls and possibly for fixtures, as well as your personal property and liability. This is where your own personal condo policy would come in. Most policies will include coverage for losses arising from:

Ruese Insurance Group Condo Insurance
  • Fire or Lightning

  • Windstorm

  • Smoke

  • Vandalism or Malicious Mischief

  • Theft

  • Accidental Discharge of Water


Ruese Insurance Group